The Club offers a social membership known as House membership that allows non-golfers to enjoy the catering and social programme. The limit for this category is 500 Members.
Benefits Of House Membership
House Members can use all the facilities of the Club and attend all social functions.
In addition, House Members may:
- Make private bookings for the Restaurant and Mixed Lounge.
- Sign-in up to five guests at any time.
- Participate in The Open Championship week at the Club when played (every five years) at St Andrews, along with three guests.
- Participate in any of the Club's non-golfing related social events.
- Participate in Club sub-sections: snooker, winter bowls, bridge, etc.
- Enjoy the fellowship of other Club members.
- Wear a Club tie.
Becoming A House Member
- Applicants must be proposed by a present Member of at least two years' standing, and have his/her application seconded and then supported by three further Members.
- Applications are reviewed by the Committee monthly and are then posted to the members' notice board for a period of two weeks before an offer of membership can be made.
- The annual fee is £114 per person which is reduced by 50% for partners/relatives of Ordinary Members.
A House Member can propose family members for House, Youth and Junior membership and these members will receive a 50% discount against the annual fee for the year.