DRESS CODE AND GENERAL GUIDELINES
Smart casual for both males and females is acceptable throughout the Clubhouse except on special occasions. Please dress modestly and, as a guide, the following items are deemed unacceptable:
- Denim jeans of any type
- Rugby or football shirts
- Collarless shirts/vests
- Any clothing featuring slogans or improper logos
- Sports shorts
- Golf/sports shoes or flip flops (except in corridors adjacent to locker rooms and rear entrance)
- Hats and outer clothing (these should be stored in cloakrooms or locker rooms)
Outerwear and hats should be removed on entering the Club and placed in a locker room or cloakroom.
Additional Standards in Main Lounge
1. Clothes should not be draped or hung over chairs. Clothing not being worn should be placed in a cloakroom or locker room.
2. No outdoor clothes (but please apply common sense for items like sports jackets etc.) are to be taken into the Main Bar including:
- Sleeveless body warmers
- Hats and gloves
These should be removed on entering the Clubhouse and placed in a locker room or cloakroom.
Mobile phones and other multimedia devices are permitted but must be on SILENT at all times.
Voice calls on mobile phones should only be made in the telephone booth by the front door. No music or video streaming. The Wi-Fi area is in the Cocktail Bar.
Children under 10 are not allowed into the Main Lounge (they may accompany an adult into the bar area while an order is placed but the Mixed Lounge should be used as seating area). All children under 18 (unless members) should be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for their behaviour.
- Ordinary and House Members may sign in up to 5 guests
- Junior Members may sign in up to 2 guests
Upon arrival, guests must sign in to the Visitors Book, either in the Main Lounge or on the first floor landing.
The introducing Member must be present in the Clubhouse for the duration of the guests’ visit in the Club.
The Club fosters a culture of friendliness. Please introduce yourself to other members you have not met before and make them feel welcome. If space permits please invite single members to join a group so that they only sit alone if they wish to do so.
Your help in keeping our Club special is very much appreciated.