More

The New Golf Club

Tue 23
17ºC
Wed 24
19ºC
Thu 25
19ºC

A Warm Welcome to

The New Golf Club

St Andrews

Founded in 1902, The New Golf Club is one of the most prestigious in St Andrews. The formation of a new club with its own premises - at a time when the only golf clubhouse in town was exclusive to R&A members - was enthusiastically supported. Along with the eight local businessmen who can be credited with the Club's creation, Tom Morris was a key supporter. Old Tom regularly frequented the Club and it was here that he had the accident which would lead to his death. The Club has developed and grown much over the last century and more.

The Clubhouse

The Clubhouse premises were built in the Victorian era when the town was expanded to accommodate new residents and growing tourism.  Because of its ideal location alongside the 18th fairway of the Old Course, 3 Gibson Place was purchased in February 1902 and turned into the clubhouse of The New Golf Club. In keeping with the Club's motto "Semper Nova", the Clubhouse has continued to evolve to provide Members with a first-class facility.

Find out more

Golf in St Andrews

The Club offers members the opportunity to play in over 130 golfing competitions annually, over six of the St Andrews Links courses, including four Major Meetings played on the Old Course.  From the informal and social Monday Fellowship to the elite Club Championship and everything in between, The New Golf Club's competition calendar has something for everyone. Green fees are by separate arrangement with the St Andrews Links Trust.

Find out more



Created by intelligentgolf version 10.1.2.